Department of English National Kaohsiung Normal University
Department of English at National Kaohsiung Normal University invites applications for the following tenure-track positions available from August 1, 2016. Candidates without MOE Teacher’s Certificate will have a PhD dissertation screening process after the approval of school meetings.
I. General Requirements: Except otherwise specified, minimum requirements include a Ph.D. in a track-related field, a publication record, and 2 years of teaching experience at the college level. All fulltime faculty members are required to teach courses such as writing, conversation, and/or Freshman English and are obligated to direct theses, serve on various university and department committees, and assist with language learning/teaching projects organized by the university.
II. Fields of Specialty: TESOL, TEFL, Teaching Methodology, Linguistics
III. Required Application Materials:
- Application form (downloadable from English Department website: http://www.nknu.edu.tw/~english/)
- Curriculum vitae with autobiography, list of publications, a brief plan for future research, etc.
- Photocopies of Ph.D. diploma and MA diploma (certified by conferring university)
- MOE Teacher’s Certificate, if any
- Official transcripts of graduate studies
- Two recommendation letters
- Syllabi & teaching plans on courses taught and courses to be offered at college level
- Academic publications within the last five years (conference papers and/or Journal papers under review unacceptable)
- Ph.D. dissertation
- Photocopies of ARC (ROC Alien Resident Certificate), if any.
All documents must reach the Department by January 15, 2016. (Documents postmarked later than the date will not be accepted.) All information provided will be treated with strict confidentiality. We apologize for not being able to return application materials. Short-listed candidates will be notified in the end of February by email unless otherwise announced by the Department. An interview and a teaching demonstration will be arranged for short-listed candidates in March 2016.
※ Mailing Address:
※ For more information, please contact the English Department at:
Tel: +886-7-7172930 ext. 2654 Ino Huang
E-mail: email@example.com Fax: +886-7-7111800