Taiwan ESP Association Introduction
Having a vision for the future professional development of English language education, Prof. Yin Hui Chen, has initiated the establishment of the Taiwan ESP Association. The inaugural meeting was held on 7 November, 2008. Prof. Yin Hui Chen pointed out that In the future English will no longer be just a foreign language (EFL). Along the globalization English has already become an essential international language (EIL) and will further become a country’s second language (ESL). He advocates that the contents of the future college English education for ESP learning should base on the fundamentals of EIL. Much ESP research has been done and there is no better time than now to establish the Taiwan ESP Association. The Taiwan ESP Association at present categorizes English language into five main fields which are business, technology, tourism, law and medicine, etc. The association invites all professionals in related fields and language experts to participate. Scholars from all colleges are welcome to join.
- To promote ESP education in Taiwan, to promote college ESP education.
- To promote global literacy for Taiwan professionals, to promote communications with people worldwide.
- To provide learning platform for ESP students, to take ESP proficiency test and to promote activities of ESP.
- To integrate teaching materials of ESP and to assess resources.
- To hold various ESP teaching seminars.
- To assist public and private institutes in executing and promoting teaching plan for specific purposes, ESP teaching materials R& D, and teaching research.
- To promote ESP teaching and management course design, to cultivate and to guide the people with English language skills to the professional market.
- To assist academic institutions in cultivating ESP teaching professionals.
- Other related work that help in achieving the association’s objectives.
TEL:+886 2 27049391 / FAX:+886 2 27083879
ADD:(106) 7F, no.45, Sec.2, Fu Xing S. Rd., Taipei, Taiwan